- 1.Specification & claims and drawings
- 2.Power of Attorney (No need of notarization)
- 3.Assignment (if the applicant is different from the inventor)
- 4.Priority document (if any)
The Examination Procedure Chart
Term of the Taiwan Patent:
- 1.Invention: 20 years (from filing date)
- 2.Utility Model: 10 years (from filing date)
- 3.Design: 15 years (from filing date)
Rule for Maintaining the Taiwan Patent:
Starting from the patent publication date, the annual maintaining fee is payable annually or in lump sum.
- 1.After a utility model patent application is published, any person may apply to the Taiwan Intellectual Property Office for obtaining a Technical Revaluation Report pertaining to the proposed utility model.
- 2.The Technical Revaluation Report shall be obtained and presented when the patentee intends to exercise the rights of utility model patent.